GANDHIDHAM : On the ocassion of 7 Years of Sagarmala and 59th National Maritime Day, an Annual Press/Media Brief was organised by Deendayal Port Authority (DPA, Kandla). During Press Meet following major achievements of Port for FY 2021-22 highlighted.
a) Traffic :
1) Highest ever cargo handling
The Deendayal Port Trust created a new record by handling 127.10 million metric tonnes of cargo during the F.Y. 2021-22, as against 117.566 MMT in FY 2020-21, showing a growth of 8.11%. DPT is the only Major Port to handle more than 127 MMT Cargo throughput and is now the number 1 Major Port of the Country (in terms of cargo handling) for the 15th consecutive year.
Important events during the year :
- Deendayal Port has handled more than 127 MMT of cargo during FY 2021-22, thereby registering the highest cargo throughput in its history. It is also the first and the only Major port to handle more than 127 MMT in a financial year.
- No other Major port in the country (accept DPT) has handled more than 100 MMT of cargo for seven consecutive years.
- The port has stood first among all Major ports of India for the 15th consecutive year, in terms of cargo handling.
- The port has handled a total of 3151 vessels during FY 2021-22, which is the highest in its history. It had handled 3095 vessels in FY 2019-20.
b) Finance :
- Financial Performance
The provisional financial performance for 2021-22 vis-à-vis 2020-21 is appended hereunder: –
|Sr. No.||Financial Parameters||Provisional (April 2021 to March, 2022)||Actual (April 2020 to March, 2021)|
|Traffic in M. T.||127.10||117.56|
|Salary & Wages||260.44||264.54|
|Office & Admin. Exp.||23.92||18.57|
|Operation & Maint. Exp.||366.6||314.02|
|4||Finance & Misc. Income||165.95||244.76|
|5||Finance & Misc. Exp.||500.59||541.63|
|6||Net Surplus (Before appropriation & Tax)||657.01||644.59|
- The provisional Operating income increased by Rs. 106.94 crores as compared to previous year, which is pitched at Rs. 1717.95 crores on account of increase traffic by 8.11%.
- During the year, the port has achieved provisional Net Surplus of Rs. 657.01 crores.
(i) Cash less
As per Govt. of India’s directive, DPA has initiated the online payment & receipt and accordingly 100% payments are made cash less. To promote the digital transaction POS machines are installed at different collection points at A.O. Building, CDC, Kandla and Gopalpuri Hospital.
c) Projects (Civil, Mechanical and Marine) : –
- Container Terminal at berth no. 11 & 12
This project has revived Container handling operations at Kandla Port. The port handled 4.93 lakh TEU (86.59 lakh MTs of containerized cargo) during FY 2021-22.
- Automated bagging and rake loading of fertilizers at Deendayal Port
The plant is already operational as on date.
- Procurement of 2 nos. Mobile Harbour Cranes
- For flexible, better, faster handling of cargo and to improve the overall efficiency of the port and add to the cargo base, the port had placed the order (in May 2017) for supply of 2 MHCs of 120T capacity each. These are already made operational.
- 2 more HMCs (previously operated by M/s. RAS Infra at CJ-13) also have been made operational at DPA, thereby taking the port owned HMCs tally to 6.
- Productivity of Cargo Handling at Kandla through Policy Interventions: –
In keeping with Government’s policy of achieving excellence in Port operations, an exercise was carried out to benchmark the Port Operations with best practices in leading Ports. The Kandla Port took various measures in consultation with the Port-Users, so as to reduce the unproductive time like pre-commencement delays, loss in shift changes and also upward revision of productivity ( Productivity norms revised upwards in April 2021), keeping in view the infrastructure and capacity available. This resulted in improvement in operational efficiency such as productivity, which in turn increased the cargo throughput and reduction in pre-berthing delay of the vessels calling at Kandla. The average per hour berthday output for edible & amp; chemical tankers (at oil jetties 1 to 4 at kandla) was 420 MT per hr. It was 434 MT per hour during FY 2020-21.
- Construction of Cargo Jetties No. 14 & 16-additional piled platform: –
DPT has constructed additional piled plate form for Cargo Jetties No.14 & 16 at a project cost of Rs. 58.34 Cr. in Nov, 2021.
With this projects, Widening of wharf structure to facilitate Additional Cargo Handling. Upgraded backup area to store 5 lakh tones cargoes. Internal road network for smooth evacuation of cargo movement
Enhance the import & export capacity of port.
- Ro-Ro services from Ghogha to Hazira: –
The Hon’ble Prime Minister inaugurated the Ro-Ro facility from Ghogha to Hazira on 08.11.2020. Facility will be used for public conveyance. Facility to give fillip to local trade and industries in the surroundings; expected to boost economic development of Gujarat, Reduce Travel time etc.
Also DPT is planning to commence the Ro-Ro service from Pipapav and Muldawarka to various locations.
- Development of Smart Industrial Port City (SIPC): –
The Deendayal Port Trust is developing Greenfield Smart Industrial Port City at two locations. At location 1 in Gandhidham – Adipur Area, is spread over 580 acres and will be utilized for residential, commercial and institutional development. At the location 2 in Kandla, is spread over 850 acres, and will be utilized for industrial development. For both the locations environment clearance & consent to establish have been received. Detailed engineering designs for various infrastructure works are prepared. The total expenditure on these two projects is likely to be Rs. 1147 crores and will greatly enhance industrial and commercial activities in Kutch region and SIPC will also bring additional cargo to the Port. On completion of this project around 50,000 direct & indirect employments will be generated. M/s. Emami was allotted with a land parcel of 53 acres. They have started operation of refinery.
- Construction of Dr. Baba Saheb Ambedkar Convention Centre At Gandhidham
DPT has Constructed of Dr. Baba Saheb Ambedkar Convention Centre at Gandhidham in Dec, 2021. Convention Centre has capacity of 1200 PACS (Inside) and 500 PACS (outside).
A multipurpose hall with all necessary amenities at Gandhidham city to facilitate the citizens of Gandhidham and Kutch region. The Public from various sections, including economically incapable section of people can also perform social function with dignity and pride in the Hall.
- Rail Connectivity to 13th to 16th CB:
DPT has constructed rail connectivity to 13th to 16th CB from take-off point to west end of the berth in June, 2021. The work was awarded to M/s. IPRCL on Deposit Terms.
This new infrastructure will provide direct connectivity to berth 15 & 16 and faster evacuation of Rail bound Cargo from Berth No. 13 to 16. Due to up-gradation of Rail infrastructure the evacuation of Rail bound cargo has become fast and easy. Developed new infrastructure is compatible to carry 25 T axle load and compliant to DFC.
- Retrofitting of Existing Cargo Berth No. 7 (Panel 51 to 59)
Keeping in view to enhance the life of old structure & port handling capacity, the aforesaid projects i.e. Retrofitting of Existing Cargo Berth No. 7 (Panel 51 to 59) has been taken up and completed in Dec, 2021.
This strengthening of berth will provide Accommodate bigger ships such as 75000 DWT Panamax vessels and able to Enhance the Port Handling Capacity. Seamlessly utilization of 120T capacity Mobile Harbour Cranes, which will enable to faster discharging of Cargoes. Reducing the waiting time of vessel.
- Augmentation of Liquid Cargo Handling Capacity by Revamping of Existing Pipeline Network at Oil Jetty Area, Deendayal Port Trust, Kandla.
DPT has successfully awarded the work of “Augmentation of Liquid Cargo Handling Capacity by Revamping of Existing Pipeline Network at Oil Jetty Area, Deendayal Port Trust, Kandla” in Sept, 2021.