GANDHIDHAM : Second meeting of the Board of Deendayal Port Authority, of 2022-23 held on 27-05-2022. The following members, apart from Shri S.K. Mehta, IFS the Chairman, attended the meeting under the chairmanship of Chairperson-DPA:
- Shri Nandeesh Shukla, IRTS, Dy. Chairman-DPA
- Shri Arvind Chaudhary, IES, Economic Adviser, Rep. Ministry of Ports,
Shipping & Waterways
- Shri Talla Venkata Ravi, IRS, Commissioner of Customs, Rep. Department of Customs (Virtually)
- Shri Narendra A. Patil, IRTS, Rep. Ministry of Railways (Virtually)
The following important items, inter alia, were considered by the Board: –
- Approval of Annual Accounts of D.P.A. for the year 2021-2022
- Approval for Funding requirements through equity contribution from shareholders of Kutch Railway Company Limited (KRCL) for completion of ongoing doubling and electrification projects.
- Approval for Grant of Pilotage Licence to Capt. Pankaj Shankarlal Jain & Capt. Ranjit Singh Chauhan appointed as Pilot on contractual basis for pilotage operations at Deendayal Port.
- Approval of block estimate for the work of up-gradation of Roads & S.W.D outside Cargo Jetty Area at New Kandla (Cement Concrete Pavement)
- Approval for Conversion of leases from lease-hold to freehold (residential to composite). Approved total 3 Nos, of Leasehold to Freehold
- Approval for E-Tender cum E-Auction for allotment of plot admeasuring 4000 Sq. Mtrs situated opposite to VTMS Towers and behind boundary of DPA (East of Dry Dock) for the purpose of Barge Repairing/Beaching on 5 years Lease on as is where is basis.
- Approval of block estimate for the work of raising & upgrading the plots inside cargo jetty area 1 to 7, amounting to Rs. 4628.00 lakhs
- Approval for Ratification of the action taken of Engaging 03 Pharmacists on contractual basis in Medical Department
- Approval for Retrofitting Of Existing Cargo Berth No. 7(Panel No. 51 To 59) – Approval Of Final Variation Statement.
- Approval for Works Assigned on Nomination Basis to National Technology Centre for Ports, Waterways and Coast (NTCPWC) IIT Madras, Chennai for the preparation of Tender document, Bid Process Management and PMC service for the Work of “Design, supply, installation of fire fighting system and associated facilities including Operation & Maintenance thereof for a period of five years as per OISD-156 at Oil Jetty no. 08 , Kandla of Deendayal Port Authority”
- Approval for Allotment of open space [37 hector], behind back up area of berth no. 13 to 16, outside the custom bounded area of Deendayal Port for storage of salt [export purpose] on temporary basis.
- Approval for Works Assigned on Nomination Basis to Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Powai, Mumbai, India for third party survey agency and National Technology Centre for Ports, Waterways and Coast (NTCPWC) IIT Madras, Chennai for Project Management Consultancy (PMC) for the Dredging at Ghogha Ro-Ro Terminal – Gujarat
- Approval for Development of multipurpose cargo berth off Tuna Tekra outside Kandla Creek at Kandla on BOT basis & development of container terminal at Tuna-Tekra, Deendayal Port on BOT basis.
- Approval for Funding options by Promoter Ports for procurement of new 12000 cum hopper capacity TSHD by Dredging Corporation of India Limited being constructed at Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL)
- Approval for Development of Mechanized Fertilizer and other Clean Cargo Handling Facilities on Berth no.14 on DBOT basis under PPP mode”- approval for modified parameters in RFP Stage for active participation of the bidders in the project.
Approval for Conducting of passing ship analysis for operation of RoRo Ferry services at Hazira Gujarat
- Approval for Ratification of Action taken with regard to Addendum 3 to MoU executed with Social Forestry Division, Kachchh for Work Assigned to Gujarat Forest Department (as a Deposit work) for an Afforestation Project in Deendayal Port Authority Area for Improving the Greenery, Increase Carbon Sequestration and Beat Pollution – Proposal for maintenance of plantations.
- Approval for Construction of Oil Jetty No. 8 at Old Kandla – Approval for Anticipated Variation Statement No. 1 & Extension of Time.
- Approval for Assigning work to Gujarat Institute of Desert Ecology (GUIDE), Bhuj for Greenbelt Development in Deendayal Port Authority and its surrounding areas – Charcoal site (Coal Storage area) (Phase-I).
- Approval for Construction of jetty for Indian Coast Guard at OOT Vadinar– Approval for Extension of Time. 30 years.
- Approval for Signing MoU with the Gujarat Ecology Commission, Gandhinagar (Government of Gujarat organization), for Mangrove Plantation to be carried out in an area of 100 Hectares.
Board Meeting was held in a very cordial atmosphere and the Port’s overall development was the main focus of deliberations.