MUMBAI : The Federation of Freight Forwarders’ Associations in India (FFFAI) held its 6th EC Meeting for the term 2021-23 on May 27 and 28 in Bengaluru.
The meeting was attended by the Office Bearers and 28 Member Association representative of FFFAI from across the country, there were many issues discussed and updates provided concerning customs, CBLR, EDI, Service Tax/GST, logistics, air cargo, sea cargo, skill development,importance of social media which FFFAI has expanded recently, Technology developments etc.
The special focus of the 6th EC meeting was the updates on forthcoming 24th Biennial Convention of FFFAI to be held from August 12 to 14, 2022 in Chennai with the theme LOGISTICS RESHAPE, EMBRACE AND SURGE IN THE DIGITAL ERA.
At this EC meeting FFFAI also implemented Digital Learning platform for members and next generation for e-learning.
It has been decided that FFFAI would initiate FIATA eFBL here in India to benefit the trade, which empowers Customs Brokers,Freight Forwarders andLogistics Service Providers (LSPs). In addition,updates on the recently held FIATA HQ Meet was also provided by the concerned member of FFFAI.
FFFAI members present at this EC meeting stressed upon enhancing productivity on ICEGATE for trade facilitation and Ease of Doing Business.
The FFFAI members also urged for creating a dedicated portal for LSP integration.
As regard to skill development initiatives, IIFF’s (training arm of FFFAI) past and forthcoming training programmes (both online and classroom/physical) for the entire logistics industry were presented at the EC meeting. In addition, FFFAI’s various initiatives on capacity building through technology/IT also discussed withadequate importance.
Recent activities of FFFAI Women’s Wing including organising interactive meetings with Government of India officials and industry experts were highlighted at this meeting which drew huge appreciation from the members. The members committed to expand the activities of the Women’s Wing in all the 28 Member Association locations to empower/encourage the women logistics practitioners.
At this EC meeting FFFAI has signed an MoU with the National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE) with an objective of skilling the aspiring candidates looking for opportunities in the logistics sector. Notably, a special session was organised at this 6th EC Meeting where Mr N. Sivasailam, former Special Secretary (Logistics), Ministry of Commerce, Government of India was present to address the FFFAI members to highlight the recent initiatives of the Government in strengthening the logistics infrastructure thereby to increase international trade through multimodal connectivity and faster cargo clearance. He projected the ambitious growth potential of the logistics industry in India with a strong collaboration between government and industry people.
Also spoke on this occasion was Mr Bani Bhattacharya, IRS, who interacted with members of FFFAI on various initiatives of CBIC for the trade facilitation without human intervention.
FFFAI welcomes the Women in Logistics / Youth in Logistics to participate on FFFAI forum and also invites Membership application form Logistics Service providers in industry as this is a big National and international Forum to network.
FFFAI Chairman thanked all the 28 Association for their support and appreciated the contribution of CBIC/ DG systems trade facilitation measures
FFFAI Member Associations are:
- Ahmedabad Custom Brokers’ Association
- Aurangabad Customs House Agents Association
- Association of Custom House Agents Thiruvanthapuram
- Bangalore Custom House Agents Association Ltd
- Brihnamumbai Custom Brokers Association
- Calcutta Customs House Agents Association
- Chennai Customs House Agents Association
- Cochin Customs Brokers’ Association
- Coimbatore Customs House & Steamer Agents Association
- Custom Brokers Association Hyderabad
- Delhi Customs Brokers Association
- Goa Custom Brokers Association
- Indore Customs House Agents Association
- The Kakinada Customs Brokers Association
- Kandla Custom Brokers Association
- Kanpur Customs Brokers Association
- Ludhiana Customs House Agents Association
- Mangalore Customs House Agents Association
- Mundra Customs Brokers Association
- Nagpur Customs House Agents Association
- Nashik Customs House Agents Association
- Nodia Custom Brokers Association
- Pipavav Custom Brokers Association
- Pune Customs House Agents Association
- Rajasthan Customs House Agents Association
- Tuticorin Custom Brokers Association
- Visakhapatnam Cusotms Brokers’ Association
- West Bengal Custom House Agents Society