Login

Lost your password?
Don't have an account? Sign Up

Multi-modal logistics hub likely near Dasna

Share This News Story:
Herons Logistics

GHAZIABAD : A multimodal logistics hub that will enable seamless freight movement in NCR is likely to come up Dasna near on the outskirts of Ghaziabad. This was announced by Union Road Transport and Highways Minister Shri Nitin Gadkari during his visit to the city recently.

The Ghaziabad Development Authority (GDA), on the other hand, said that the plan was mooted a few years ago and “some 150 acres of land in Dasna has already been identified for the proposed hub”.

“The site is near Dasna village adjacent to the Eastern Peripheral Expressway. The site is also close to NH-9 and the Delhi-Meerut Expressway and its proximity to DelhiHowrah rail line only adds to its efficacy,” said GDA’s Chief Town Planner Asheesh Shivpuri.

According to Shivpuri, the hub will be developed on a public-private partnership (PPP) mode.

“As per our plan, the GDA will act as a facilitator between farmers and industries who will develop the hub. The land will be acquired under the land pooling policy as per which 60% of the developed land will be used for the proposed logistics hub and the remaining 40% will be handed over to the farmers,” he said.

Though the cost of the project is still not officially estimated, an unofficial estimate peg it to Rs 700 crore.

“The multi-modal logistics hub has been planned in a way that will enable seamless inter-modal freight movement and offer multiple functionalities such as freight aggregation and distribution, and storage solutions,” said Shivpuri.

Explaining the importance of such a hub in curbing pollution levels in NCR, Shivpuri said, “All freight services to NCR, including Delhi, lead to heavy traffic movement in these cities triggering air pollution. Once developed, the hub will keep vehicles at bay and away from the inhabited city areas.”

Share This News Story: