IMU & IIT Madras signs MoU
CHENNAI : Indian Maritime University (IMU) and Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-M) signed a MoU to initiate a cooperative agreement in order to promote the maritime activities between both the Institutions.
Indian Maritime University (IMU) is a Central University established through an Act of Parliament in November 2008 and is poised to play a key role in the development of trained human resource for the maritime sector.
Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT-M) is a statutory body constituted under the Institutes of Technology Act, 1961 and is known for excellence in technical education, basic and applied research, innovation, entrepreneurship and industrial consultancy.
The objective of the MOU is to initiate a cooperative agreement in order to promote the following activities between both the Institutions:-
• Initiatives identified under Maritime India Vision 2030
• Collaboration of faculty members and Exchange of students
• Joint research activities
• Joint PhD Programs
• Joint web M Tech programs
• Organisation of seminars and academic meetings
• Development of long/short term programmes
• Enabling courses for national credit bank
• Programs for capacity building in Industries.
The MoU was signed by Dr.Rajoo Balaji, Dean i/c, IMU and Prof. K Murali, Dean (Faculty), Department of Ocean Engineering, IIT-M in the august presence of Dr. Malini V Shankar, I.A.S. (Retd.), Vice Chancellor, IMU & Prof. V. Kamakoti, Director, IIT-M on 27th February, 2023 in IMU-HQ.
Mr. K Saravanan, Registrar IMU delivered the welcome address and Cmde KD Joshi (Retd), Controller of Examinations delivered the vote of thanks.