LONDON : The IMO-UNEP-Norway Innovation Forum 2023 will take place as part of the World Maritime Day celebrations. The 2023 theme is “MARPOL at 50 – Our commitment goes on”.
Topics will include: Environmental performance; reducing plastic litter from ships; supporting innovation in marine fuel production; decarbonizing the maritime sector; unlocking green finance; and partnerships and collaboration.
Date: 28 September 2023
Time: 09.30-17.00 (London time)
Place: IMO Headquarters, London and online. Watch live on UNTV here.
Please register here.
The programme includes sessions on:
- How innovation facilitates higher environmental performance in maritime transport (MARPOL Annexes I-IV)
- Complementing the prohibition on discarding plastic into the sea from ships with innovation and information (MARPOL Annex V)
- From IMO 2020 to IMO 2030: How IMO’s fuel standards support innovation in marine fuel production (MARPOL Annex VI)
- Decarbonizing the Maritime Sector: Innovative approach to bridging the Global North-South Gap
- Innovative Strategies for a More Sustainable Maritime Sector through Partnerships.